Madison County Health Care System consists of:
- Madison County Memorial Hospital – (515) 462-2373 – Established in 1949, Madison County Memorial Hospital is a 25 bed Critical Access Hospital staffed by approximately 150 professionals. A full range of services are provided for the medical and surgical patient including imaging, lab, therapies and 24/7 Emergency Department. Fifteen specialties are represented by the twenty-one specialists who visit Winterset on a regular basis. (Link to Specialists)
- Health Trust Physicians clinic – (515) 462-2950 - Staffed by six physicians and two “mid-level” providers who provide care in family practice as well as the specialties of Internal Medicine and Pediatrics. Hours are Monday-Thursday, 7:30 AM – 6:00 PM, Friday, 7:30 – 5:00PM, and Saturday, 8:30 AM – 12:00PM. (Link to Doctors)
- The Earlham Medical Clinic – (515) 758-2907 - Located in Earlham, Iowa, patients are seen by a “mid-level” provider or one of the family practice physicians from Health Trust Physicians Clinic. Clinic hours are Monday – Friday 8:00 – 4:30PM
Parking is available on the North side of the hospital, or on the West side.
We maintain “open” visiting hours. However, the nurses may use their discretion to set more firm limits based on the patient’s condition or per request of the patient/family. Children of all ages may visit. We discourage anyone who has a cold, fever or infection from visiting.
Lunch 11:45am – 1 pm
Dinner 5:45pm-6 pm (Cold Side Items only)
For guests visiting patients, there is a Guest Room Service Menu of which they can order from while in the patient’s room. This menu has the prices on it, and the guests can place meal orders until 6pm. The tray is delivered to the nursing floor, and nursing delivers the tray for the guest into the patient room. (Please allow 45 minute turnaround time for meal, from when meal(s) ordered.)
Gift Shop Hours:
The Gift Box is located in the Admitting area at the North entrance to the hospital. It is operated by volunteers with all proceeds going to the Madison County Health Trust Foundation. Hours are, generally, 10:00AM – 4:00 PM Monday – Friday as volunteer staff is available.
Madison County Memorial Hospital – 300 W. Hutchings Street, Winterset, Iowa 50273 (FIND)
- Ground Floor (Main Level) – Admitting, The Gift Box, Emergency Room, Health Trust Physicians Clinic, Imaging, Lab, Cafeteria, Specialty Clinic, Social Services, Medical/Surgical Wing.
- 1st Floor – Surgery, Recovery, Surgery Waiting, Volunteer Coordinator, Administration.
- 2nd Floor – Health Therapies (Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy) Chronic Disease Management (Cardiac Rehabilitation, Diabetes Education, Pulmonary Rehabilitation), Patient Accounts, Medical Records, Sleep Labs, Finance, Public Relations/Development.
- Chesnut Building – HCI Hospice, Information Technology, Conference Rooms, Computer Education Lab.
Earlham Medical Clinic – 125 W. 1st Street, Earlham, Iowa 50072 (FIND)
should check-in at the Admitting Desk located at the North entrance to the hospital.
should be made to Director of Public Relations and Development at (515) 462-2373.